Monday, March 8, 2010

the first change in phases

When I finally decided to remove my head from the sand, I found myself in seminary filled with students with an average age of 28 and 60% of them married. What the heck was I thinking?? Yes, I know I came here for an education, but a girl has to have her fun at the same time too, right?

Right around New Years I decided to change phases: from “pre-thinking about thinking about dating” to “thinking about dating.” Why I chose that moment, I have no idea as it filled me with so much fear about the whole New Years kiss. I had visions of “When Harry Met Sally” running through my head, picturing the awkwardness that my change in phases created. (and yes, I constantly have clips of movies and tv shows running through my head in the background.) As it turned out, New Years Eve was a wonderful evening spent with friends and there was no awkwardness about kissing. phew- dodged that bullet.

As a woman with an active imagination, I decided that I needed to find an object of affection to daydream about. After careful (??) consideration, I selected an attractive seminarian who exactly fit my “type,” and was of a barely appropriate age. In order to avoid the pitfalls I have made in the past, I consulted my council of wise women. What follows is our correspondence.

No comments:

Post a Comment