Saturday, April 3, 2010

Full Disclosure

Technically I am still married to my husband. Because of the Post Lyme Syndrome I would be denied health insurance due to a pre-existing condition, a very expensive pre-existing condition. Lyme disease affects so many facets of my health, any health problem I have in the future could potentially be linked back to the Lyme’s and coverage would be denied. Luckily, my husband owns his own business and has excellent health insurance. And while he is a dumbass who makes bad decisions, he is not a bad guy; in fact, I would say he is quite honorable. In addition to remaining married to me so that I can have health insurance, he helped me move down to Atlanta. For this reason, I felt that I should advise him of my plans to potentially date. This is our conversation:

Me:
Hey. ….. I just wanted to let you know something directly from me before you heard it from the rumor mill. Um, I was thinking of maybe dating.

Husband:
Ok.

silence

Me:
So…. um…. any words of advice?

Husband:
Look both ways before crossing the street.

and that was my conversation with my husband about me potentially dating. true story.


No comments:

Post a Comment